Love handicrafts? Shop small scale, use Etsy!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hump day? Not for my cake!

Courtesy of my friend Eve Lynn:


I just wanted to share a little cake baking tip. You know that dome you sometimes get in the middle of a cake? It is caused by the sides baking faster than the middle.....well, you can prevent that.
Someone gave me a set of these things put out by Wilton, called, "Bake Even Strips" and they were wonderful. So wonderful, I wanted to buy more, but was put off by the cost.
I went online to see if there were a less expensive knock-off & came across a DIY site that shows how to make them. So easy! Just an old towel, some scissors and a couple pins. (I use big safety pins)...if you really want to get fancy, you can hem & surge the edges of the fabric.
http://www.cakeswebake.com/video/make-you-own-bake-even-strips

** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

   The Kitchen Witch Of The South